|Voeg toe aan verlanglijst|
|Mail naar vriend(in) /collega|
|Schrijf een recensie|
|Prijs:||€ 34,95 (onder voorbehoud)|
|Genre:||Koken / Overige landen|
|Ligt deze titel in de winkel?||Dit artikel is op dit moment niet op voorraad in een van onze vestigingen.|
This basic cookbook offers possible guidelines for the contemporary Dutch cook. Due to the influence of cooking fashions, top chefs, new ingredients, modern techniques and the popularity of certain countries, some developments in cooking and eating have gone a bit overboard. Today, we can buy, get or make anything we want - well, almost anything - but we rarely ask ourselves where these products come from - from what soil, what water - or how far it has had to travel before it gets to the refrigerator, the store or the restaurant. We rarely ask how it has burdened our environment or continues to do so. Whether we consciously think about the products we use in our kitchens or not, we will eventually feel the detrimental effects of continuing to follow our current eating habits. The New Dutch Cuisine is to my mind a cuisine based on modern knowledge of ingredients and on an insight into the way a (professional) chef deals with them. A healthy and contemporary cuisine that is animal and environmentally friendly and sustainable; a cuisine that builds upon our country’s centuries-old culture. It seems as though we are embarrassed that the Netherlands has its own culinary culture - we are certainly not proud of it. Even if we cook in a truly craftsmanlike manner (not using ready-made flavour mixes or other flavour enhancers developed or fabricated by the food processing industry, but making everything ourselves), then we still let ourselves be led by cookbooks by international chefs who dictate which hip international dishes are placed on our tables. As a chef, you should be proud to dare to show on the plate in which country you are cooking, in what season and of course which products you use to do so. As a chef, you spend 80 percent of your time on those products: you maintain your product knowledge, buy them yourself, store them and manage them. The other 20 percent you spend on preparation, in which the carefully selected products play the main role in the kitchen. Make sure you cook with respect for the product! If you are cooking with premium products, cook simply in order to respect the ingredients.
|Titel:||The New Dutch Cuisine|
|NUR:||Koken / Overige landen|
The New Dutch Cuisine
Dit artikel is op dit moment niet op voorraad in een van onze vestigingen.